Im not sure if i have eating disorder..

Helloo about a year ago i started to feel guilty whenever i eat…Sometimes i would stare at the food in front of me for long periods of time contemplating whether i should eat it or not… However, i also have bingeing periods at night where i would eat a lot and regretting it after. I feel so helpless because i dont dare to tell anyone about this issue that im facing but i really feel that i should seek professional help…can anyone tell me any hotlines i can call to get it checked asap…i really dread the feeling of struggling to eat :disappointed_relieved:

Dear @Ktokt, I found some resources online which may be helpful.

To learn more about eating disorders:

Singapore General Hospital has an Eating Disorders Programme. I encourage you to give them a call to have a chat with them about your issues and whether you need to seek help.

Take care and update us on your progress.

1 Like

Dear @Ktokt,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing these difficulties with food. It sounds like you’re going through a challenging time. :people_hugging: Well done on reaching out for help, it is a courageous step forward. :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

Here is a list of resources for your consideration:

• CHAT for a mental health check,

• Service wayfinding

• SGH Eating Disorders Programme - you may want to walk into a polyclinic to see a doctor to get a referral for the subsidised route.

• KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital Nutrition & Dietetics
    Location: Level 1, Women’s Tower (inside Patient Education Centre)
    Phone: 6394 1640/1641

• TOUCHLINE: 1800-377-2252

• Care Corner Counselling Centre: 1800-353 5800

• Brahm Centre Youth Care - Contact us for a free and confidential well-being assessment conducted by our trained Youth Care staff. Call/WhatsApp: 88664811 Operating hours: 1 pm – 6 pm (Monday – Friday)

• eC2 by Fei Yue Community Services: Provides Quick Chat, a one-to-one mental health screening via online chat for youths aged 12 - 25yo to talk about their mental health or emotional concerns. Operating hours: Mon, Thurs, Fri, 10am - 12pm, 2pm - 5pm (excluding PH).

I hope the above has been helpful and if you’d like more resources or if there is anything else you’d like to share with us, please do. We’re here to listen to you, your feelings are valid and you matter! :grinning:

Take care,
Cool Breeze =)